2016 T-Shirt Design
At our first meeting we discussed making new shirts for UTK MRS. The idea is to make an element that represents the research your group does. We would like the design to be in a vector format because it will make working with the images much easier.
If you are familiar with Inkscape or Illustrator by all means use it. However there is an online svg editor SVG-edit that is quite easy to use. Load this file in the editor (SVG-Edit/Open SVG) to get a great starter template! SVG-edit will have a "loading image" popup click around it to start editing. I would advise against including pictures as they will most likely not be printable. Once you are done save the image you create via (SVG-Edit/Save Image) and save as. Examples of elements can be found below. The overall goal is to create a periodic table of UT research.
- Symbol of element (2 characters)
- Name of element (1-2 words each less than 16 characters)
- Filename format: <fistname>_<lastname>_<symbol>_<name_word_first>_<name_word_second>.svg
- Two colors only: UT orange (#FF8200) and White (#FFFFFF)
- Element 1 inch by 1 inch (we will fix)
- Minimum line thickness 0.01 inches (we will fix)
- White should be used as outline color
- Orange should be used as fill color
Member contributed elements!
The grey background is only to show what the element will look like on a shirt since the white outline does not show well.